Dedicated to Your Health & Safety
The Future Of SafetyThere's a big need for a better way to disseminate easy-to-learn safety information. And that's a need this site aims to step in and fill.
The first thing to realize is that the organization and distribution of the world's safety information can be made so much more effective! It's so scattered, it's difficult for people to learn about it. So many subjects to cover, so little time! And kids don't get anything close to enough information either!
Why I'm A Safety Advocate
One of my interests is improving traffic safety, where I've done some inventing work (see Patent US6799488 - Thumb-accessible control housing for steering device.) Later as a website publisher I created several lists of safety tips that can be printed out in one or two pages:
Dave Snell, 2017
When we make safety easy to understand and enjoyable to learn we create a great place to go for safety education. Right now there is no central safety hub, on the Web or off.
- An auto safety course formerly sited at AutoSafetyHub.org, now archived at AutoSafetyHub.GoodLifeMission.com (or 4-page PDF.) It has some really funny elements to help make it popular among younger drivers.
- The 12 Worst Consumer Goofs (or 5-page PDF) that can threaten your health, safety and financial freedom. This one also uses funny pictures to help keep people interested.
- The Home Disaster Safety Report (or 15-page PDF) is something I wrote up because I was so frustrated that all the information about home safety is so scattered all over the place. This report brings it all under a single roof, so to speak, so you know you've got all those bases covered and you don't have to check 20 different web pages to get it all.
- The Happier Healthier Life Award (or 7-page PDF) giving 24 tips and 24 secrets for better health. If you think about it, health and safety are closely related: Safety is normally understood as defending from threats to your health that come from outside your body, while good health is about making sure you are safe and vibrant inside your body. This "Award" is a no-nonsense list packed with great info. When you click on any tip topic you like, you'll instantly receive more in-depth information.
- The How To Keep Safe From Crime (or 3-page PDF) tip list gives basic lessons on how to keep your home safe, plus a section on how to stay personally safe when not at home. Also you'll learn how to handle dangerous people, what to teach kids, and how to protect your personal data.
- Having personally experienced health problems caused by "EHS" (Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity) I'm responding by helping others find answers. You can see my writings about counteracting EHS at ES-forum.com (or 1-page PDF of topics started by me). If you believe you may be affected by EHS, it's worth reading. For EHS there is also a FaceBook Group and a Groups.io Group.
How We'll Improve Safety WorldwideAs an example of an excellent safety poster, in 2017 I put up this download page at FreeKindPosters.org that gives away a free one-page dog safety poster. You can perhaps stick it on the fridge, so everyone in the family understands and remembers about dog safety. We created it because when we looked for safety posters on the web, we couldn't find anything worth downloading. Not even a good brief article on dog safety we could print and post.
When we make more safety posters available, they will make a series of very good safety lessons. Collect them all, and you'll have a great course in safety.
Safety is recognized as a very important subject, especially by mothers. The key to achieving some viral success on the Web would be promoting safety well enough that the mothers of our country will want to share it all with friends and relatives. There are three classic ways to "spread the word," right? Telephone, television and "tell a woman." So I would like to give away all that safety information through major viral Internet campaigns as 20 to 50 one-page safety downloads.
And that's how I would vastly improve the safety situation in the world. I think this safety advocacy effort can be done within just one year, if we can find a little help. We'll work with people who are socially kind and compassionate to accomplish this goal.
Now let's use the rest of this page to cover the subject of dog safety. This will serve as an example of how to create a better safety poster than what's out there on the Web today.
The 10 Best Ways To Care For OurHere you can download Health & Safety Posters that anyone can get for free! Right now we're highlighting dog health and safety. Posters are downloadable as a PDF file and can be printed by anyone. Don't have a printer? Send us a SASE and we'll print and mail one for you. We'll even send free printouts to veterinarians who want to give it away. Currently we have a dog safety poster ready for download, and we'd also like to cover the whole spectrum of cared-for companions including cats. And we'll certainly make it available to other sites that cover giveaways, such as TheFreeSite.com
Furry Friends' Health And Safety
You can post it where it will be easily learned by everyone in the household. For example, it could be posted on the fridge for a week until everyone is familiar with it and can care for the family pet's safety. Then the pet's primary caretaker could keep the printout handy, preferably on display, and check it occasionally to make sure that it's being followed. There's no such thing as 100% perfect safety, but working together we can pursue better outcomes for pets and pet owners. We estimate this poster will help pet owners who responsibly follow its directions prevent over 95% of the unnecessary harms they can be reasonably expected to prevent.
A few future enhancements are coming. We'll do a "back page" that covers the special needs of puppies, senior dogs and other special cases that may arise. If you download the available one-sided poster today, you can always come back and print the reverse side later. Finally it would be nice to do a separate well-being and happiness poster for dogs, elevating the discussion from prevention of harm up to vibrance of living.
This poster was extensively researched, using several expert sources including the American Veterinary Association. If you have some experience in the field of pet health, I'd like to pay especially close attention to your comments. What do you wish pet owners would do to better care for their pet's health and safety that isn't covered here yet? Would you like to give out free copies to your customers (perhaps we could send copies to you at no charge?) What changes would you like made that would make the printed posters more presentable or enjoyable for them?
We hope to serve you and the Internet community by creating more one-page posters covering many aspects of health and safety. Modern life can be so hectic, there's a big need for these one-page guides, short and easy enough that everyone can find the time to read and learn.
Preview The PosterHere they are, the top 10 dog health & safety rules that you'll get with your PDF download. The main difference is that the PDF will print neatly as one page. Boldface is used to emphasize the key concepts, so anytime someone looks at the poster again, it's easy to quickly check the boldface parts to see to it that their dog's safety is being adequately cared for. To appreciate the pictures better, I've programmed each one to double in size each time you click it (so you could quadruple it or more.) If that doesn't work on your browser, I suggest pressing keys to enlarge this page 2-3 times (PC: [Ctrl]+) (Mac: [Command]+); to reduce size change that "+" to a "-".
|Top Ten Dog Health & Safety Rules|
Download The Poster NowThank you for being a caring dog lover and reading this page. When we create a final version, we'll make an easy-to-print PDF and post it here, free for everyone to distribute. We hope it will prove to be a popular boost to dog well-being all across America. You can preview or print the PDF by clicking here. All we ask for in return for downloading this poster is one comment in the discussion thread at page bottom. For example you could let us know how we're doing, or ask to have a tip added.
Since we want to support the well-being of us humans as well, a quick mention of our seven free "Good Life Bonuses" also seems appropriate: It's great for boosting human health, safety and financial freedom (plus "Christmas in July" is now on, just use code KINDJULY.) The discussion thread for the poster is below, I hope you'll find it interesting, and perhaps you'd like to post a comment as well.
Discussion ThreadLet's talk about how to create and give away the best dog safety poster we possibly can. As an “early bird” at this site, your help in getting the conversation started would be greatly appreciated! So please be sure to make a comment below, perhaps suggesting an improvement or telling us your opinion of how good it is. Before posting you need to be logged in to Disqus, Facebook, Google or Twitter. If the text looks too small, use the keys to enlarge (PC: [Ctrl]+) (Mac: [Command]+); to reduce size use "-" instead of "+".